skartnak
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 
Cede.ch

The confidence of Redskins fans started low

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    Skartnak.com Index du Forum -> Annonces de concerts en Suisse
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Invité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Oct 2019 3:35    Sujet du message: The confidence of Redskins fans started low Répondre en citant

Dexter Manley Jersey , but is rising steadily with each stage of the off-season" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHogs Haven homepageHorizontal - WhiteHogs Havena Washington Redskins communityFollow Hogs Haven online:Follow Hogs Haven on TwitterFollow Hogs Haven on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchHogs Haven main menuFanpostsFanshotsSectionsRedskinsMastheadOddsShopCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Looks Like Someone Has A Sixpack Of The MondaysDaily SlopRedskins RecapsEDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Redskins rising: fans seem to like what they’ve seen from the franchise as the off-season has progressedTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Larry French/Getty ImagesWe are considered the voice of the fan here at Hogs Haven and we talk daily about who the Redskins are and how the Redskins are doing. From last week’s game to this week’s game to that awful call from the referees, Washington fans congregate here and consensus is...mostly...formedFanPulse surveys will pull together the insights of the most plugged-in Redskins fans among us. If that describes you, then SIGN UP HERE to join other knowledgeable fans (including me and some other Hogs Haven contributors) on SB Nation FanPulse.If you sign up, you’ll be among a self-selected group of fans from Hogs Haven who answer quick polls each week developed by SB Nation. We want to build the definitive poll of informed Redskins fans, and that includes you.Your votes will be anonymous--though if you join, you’re welcome to tell anyone you like. The results of each poll will be published by Hogs Haven, and may end up on SBNation.com also along with the results from other team sites.Ready to sign up as a Hogs Haven FanPulse participant? CLICK HERE.<hr>Think back to the end of the 2018 seasonAt the end of the 2018 season, the Redskins fans were broken — I mean broken as in tired, fatigued, apathetic.They had good reason to be.The ‘18 Redskins finished 7-9, with 28 players on injured reserve, and they looked like they couldn’t have beaten a decent college team in Week 17.The news didn’t get any better.The only Redskins team executives that lost their jobs at the end of the season were in the marketing department.Photo by Win McNamee/Getty ImagesA lot of troubling things were happening around the franchise yet again. D.J. Swearinger was cut near the end of the season after Montae Nicholson had been arrested following a drunken brawl, reducing the safety unit to unsafe levels.The quarterback room looked more like an emergency room.The team “consulted” with multiple high-profile defensive-coordinator types, but insisted that Greg Manusky’s job was never in peril.Jay Gruden stayed in Ashburn when major scouting events were taking place.Many fans talked about this possibly being the lowest point in a twenty year history of low points.The SB Nation FanPulse survey pegged the confidence of Redskins fans at just 9%.Jeez.After free agency frenzyFree agency seemed to bring a small spark of life back to fans.Landon Collins was a popular signing, though not everyone was happy about the size of his contract, seeing shadows of Albert Haynesworth (or, at least, Josh Norman).The team otherwise seemed to keep their wits about them in the frenzy (aside from a moment where they gave Ereck Flowers a $1.5m guarantee to play for the team in 2019, presumably at left guard).When the dust had settled, the confidence of the hard core fan base that reads Hogs Haven had risen a bit — from 9 to 19%.Not a lot, but a noticeable twitch in the needle.Prior to the draftHeading into the draft, fan confidence edged up again slightly.It’s hard to pinpoint specific factors, though I think there may have been a feeling that the draft was lining up well with team needs, and that the tea leaves indicated that the Redskins weren’t planning to repeat the 2012 RG3 trade - they weren’t going to panic and jump to the top of the draft chasing a quarterback in a class filled with limited signal callers.Another promising sign was that the whole Reuben Foster thing looked like it might work out okay.Fans were also reminded that the team had been awarded 4 compensatory picks Cole Holcomb Washington Redskins Jersey , so they had a lot of draft capital, and that — barring anything unexpected — they seemed to be on track to grab another free draft pick in 2020.I think there was just a bit of relaxation among the fans about the expected stupidity level of the franchise, though, to be sure, a rise to 23% confidence is only positive when seen in relative terms.Post draftAnalysts and fans have praised the 2019 draft in glowing terms, with many people declaring it to be the best Redskins draft in the past 20 years - maybe ever!Kyle Smith has been praised widely as the architect of this fine effort.The collection of ten new young Redskins has been hailed as a group that will make the team better, stronger, faster.Fan confidence level, measured via SB Nation surveys, has surged to 61% — a result that I doubt many people would have predicted back in January.What a difference 4 or 5 months can make.People who were predicting a Redskins apocalypse at the start of 2019 are now (some of them anyway) making quiet noises about the possibility of a winning season, or at least being ‘set up for the future’.Has Dan Snyder done it again?You know the old saying: “Fool me once shame on you; fool me 20 times, shame on me”.I don’t really care.I am an unabashed Redskins fan.I don’t see my sports fandom as a part of my life where I have to make conservative predictions so I’m not proved wrong or so that I’m not disappointed.For me, being a fan is about being irrationally enthusiastic.I can get away with that because, if the team doesn’t live up to my hopes, I don’t really lose any sleep over it.I’m pretty phlegmatic that way.So, that’s the Redskins - is there anything to report about the other NFC East teams?I’m glad you asked.I took a few minutes with the aid of a Microsoft Excel Chart Wizard to prepare this graphic image for you.PhiladelphiaYou’ll see that Eagles fans, still on an irrational sugar high from the team’s post-2017 season championship, are riding the good feeling into 2019.To be fair, they have an only-slightly-damaged quarterback still in his rookie contract, and a GM who likes to trade veterans like a salesman in a bad suit at a used-car lot.There seem to be different players on the Philly roster to ignite fan interest annually.The Bleeding Green Nation readers started out the calendar year with an 83% confidence level, despite limping to a second-place division finish and being one & done in the playoffs.In the wake of Howie Roseman’s usual wheeling & dealing and a draft that has been praised by expert analysts far and wide, Philly fans’ confidence has hovered in the mid-90s for a while now, and currently sits at 96%.It’s gonna be fun to watch the Redskins go into Lincoln Financial Field in Week 1 and slap the silly grins off of their collective faces.DallasIt’s an odd time for Cowboys fans who know anything about football, not that there are many of those.The ones that know enough to understand what goes on are aware that Dallas won the division title last year Cole Holcomb Washington Redskins Jersey , but then failed in the playoffs.They traded away their #1 pick in this year’s draft for Amari Cooper, which appears to have paid off with that division title, but means that the fans had to sit on their hands on the 25th of April and watch everyone else have fun.Redskins fans remember that feeling well; it used to be an annual tradition.Kind of like watching other kids sit around opening Christmas presents while your mom reminds you that she bought socks and underwear for you just last week.The confidence question in the SB Nation survey is a tricky one because it asks about a fan’s confidence in “the direction” of his or her favorite team.The Cowboys are in that awkward situation where Dak’s rookie contract is coming to an end at the same time as Zeke wants an extension. Amari Cooper’s contract is due along with the QB and RB.They just paid Demarcus Lawrence.There are other contracts that need to be dealt with.The Dallas Cowboy fans could feel pretty good about their chances in the 2019 season, but, if they pay attention to how salary cap affects roster-building, they might still be a little twitchy about what lies ahead, and how prepared Jerry Jones is to make sound contract decisions for the Dallas roster.I suspect Stephen Jones may try to keep Jerruh locked in the closet for the next 3 months.But 76% of Blogging the Boys readers seem to feel okay about it all.The GiantsWill any NFL fan have it harder than a Giants fan between now and the start of the regular season?Dave Gettleman has been painted as a clown in a business suit, or a GM in a clown suit, or something like that.He got gaslighted by Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen, panicked, and made a hash of his own first round pick.The bank that holds the mortgage on the Gettleman home is hoping that Daniel Jones proves all the analysts wrong.Gettleman traded away Odell Beckham for Dexter Lawrence, Oshane Ximines, Jabrill Peppers and Kevin Zeitler.I guess there’s a question about whether you want to go into battle with one big rock or 4 smaller ones.John Dorsey and the Cleveland Browns seem to think that 10 big rocks is the answer; Gettleman’s view is tough to figure out.Dave Gettleman and the NY Giants may yet have the last laugh.But for now, the fan base confidence, as measured by the SB Nation survey, has fallen to the lowest in the NFC East.Giants fans are gonna have to hang in there through a long off-season and hope for some good news in September.At least Giants fans are getting a lot of practice at waiting for good news.Their team has only 2 winning seasons in the past seven.They are 47-65 in that time, and 0-1 in the playoffs during those seven seasons.They should be ready for a little good news any time now. Washington Redskins rookie running back Derrius Guice is out for the season after tearing the ACL in his left knee, a significant blow to the ground game.Guice was injured in Washington’s preseason opener at New England on Thursday night and could be seen on the sideline with ice on his knee. The team announced the prognosis Friday following an MRI, saying Guice should make a full recovery and be ready to play in 2019.Guice was expected to be the Redskins’ starter after they selected him 59th overall in the draft. The LSU product was considered a first-round prospect and fell amid reports of character concerns before being taken late in the second.“Grabbing him in the second round was obviously a great treat for us, but character was never a concern,” coach Jay Gruden said recently, pointing to injuries and the quality of running backs as reasons for Guice falling in the draft. “He’s been great, never been late, attentive Cole Holcomb Jersey 2019 , great attitude, always happy, happy-go-lucky and fun to be around, quite frankly.”Washington averaged 90.5 yards rushing last season, fifth-worst in the NFL. Injuries to Week 1 starter Rob Kelley and prolific third-down back Chris Thompson contributed to that, and Guice was expected to be a major part of solving the problem.“He was supposed to be a first-round pick,” Thompson said earlier in training camp. “He’s one of those guys we’re expecting a lot out of him. … They’re not expecting him to come here and have a 500-yard season. For him, I want 1,000-plus. I want that for him.”In camp, Guice had been splitting first-team carries with Kelley and Samaje Perine. Gruden has said there’s competition for the No. 1 job along with Thompson, who’s coming back from a broken fibula.“Had a tough time tryna hold back the tears this morning when I got the news,” Thompson tweeted after Guice’s injury was revealed. “We had something great going in our room but you know the squad got you every step of the way bro. Heal up and get ready to take over the league next year.”The competition is now wide open after Guice’s season-ending injury. Kelley, a 2016 undrafted free agent who began last season as the starter, has gone from “Fat Rob” to “Fit Rob” and should now be considered the front-runner.“I just make sure I go out there and I make a few plays that the catch the coaches’ eyes and stuff like that and put myself in a great position,” Kelley said. “At the end of the day, I can’t pick who wins and lose the competition; it’s up to the coaches and stuff like that. So, control what you can control.”Beyond Kelley, Thompson and Perine, the Redskins have Kapri Bibbs, Byron Marshall and undrafted Martez Carter as running backs in camp.In addition to Guice, the team says tight end Manasseh Garner, a long shot to make the roster, is out for the season with an ACL injury.
Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    Skartnak.com Index du Forum -> Annonces de concerts en Suisse Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  
Vous pouvez poster de nouveaux sujets dans ce forum
Vous pouvez répondre aux sujets dans ce forum